Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sephardic Lachmageen

ב''ה

These traditional sephardic middle-eastern treats (mazza) are made with chop-meat, tamarind, onion and pignoli nuts (although my grandmother used to make them with pomegranate syrup when she could not get tamarind-which makes them a bit sweeter.) My wife asked me to make the dough. I added some bread flour and a little bit of whole-wheat. The bread flour made it a little hard to roll out so they were not as thin as they could have been but I think it may have added to the tast/texture.








4 comments:

  1. Never heard of them, but they sound interesting.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look familiar. My Turkish used to make them a lot. The name is similar too (I think they call them Lahmacun).

    I just read your bio. Have you looked into learning/using LINQ at all? It's available in the .Net framework. It might be good to grasp the basics by learning Lisp first. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ב''ה

    Yes, I looked into LINQ a little. I have not pursued it further as the sys-admins where I work have banned anything microsoft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha. Too funny! It's "that kind" of a workplace, huh?!

    ReplyDelete