Monday, December 14, 2009

Heavenly Cake - Carrot Cake

ב''ה


A Truly Fabulous Carrot Cake!





My little princess Shayna decided to help herself to some (of her grandma's) brownies...









Mis en place:







Carrots and dry ingredients.







Mix mix...







The requisite toaster pic. My wife pointed out to me that Cuisinart has a  pizza-stone/toaster oven/rotisserie. Baking in the toaster has become just too easy. I will now rotisserie all my cakes!







I had to do this cake in two shifts as the batter would simply not all fit in one pan.








Melt the white chocolate...







Decapitated Cakes.







I really had a lot of trouble mixing the frosting. It really should be done in a food processor. I had to keep on taking the blender off and manually shoving the stuff down so that it would all get processed. It took a while. It just was too thick to really blend.







frost...






When I imagine the taste of a cake in my mind, this is what I imagine. It's awesome Rose!


חנוכה שמח! :)


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake! I am always amazed at how great your cakes look, being baked in a toaster oven and all. I also love Shayna's princess hat! All little girls need a princess hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jennifer..i always admire how your cake turned out so good in toaster oven. My sis was complaining the other day how she can't bake good cakes in her lousy oven and i told her that i know someone who bakes excellent cake in his toaster oven! So..she should read your blog and quit complaining! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at what you turn out of that toaster oven. Bravo once again!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. ב''ה

    Thank you all for your kind words. Just using what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool hat and the texture of your cake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mendy, are you really going to change to the rotisserie? You are such a free spirit; what wonders will come forth. Love to follow your fun....and btw, that slice of carrot cake looks fab! joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. ב''ה

    Thank you Gartblue and Joan. The Carrot Cake was indeed totally fab!

    Just joking about the Rotisserie. I am tempted to try it some time though...

    ReplyDelete