Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Brioche 2010

ב''ה

Hooray! My baking hobby has been going on for a full year now!

For those of you who might wonder how I got into baking in the first place, it all has to do with a very pregnant Mrs. deserting the kitchen for the home stretch and leaving me to my own devices. I think she's glad I kept it up. ;)

The first thing I baked was "Rich Man's Brioche" from the Bread Baker's Apprentice.

Here they are again baked for this year's holiday.

:)






Holiday flowers.


I guess word of my baking has gotten around town. Someone asked me to bake a cake for their sons' party. I baked an orange genoise for them from RHC. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations! Quite an honor to be asked to bake a cake for a special day. We were in Napa this past weekend and bought a brioche which looked just like these only dusted with cinnamon sugar. They were lined with orange curd and simply delicious. I wondered how hard it would be to make brioche. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete