Monday, November 2, 2015

Greenstein's Bakery - Baking Bible - Reverse Marble Cake with Super-dupper delicious ganache

ב׳׳ה
This is a luscious, delicious cake and ganache.

Mis en place curtesy of 'The Caboose' who told me she wants to be a baker when she grows up

Oh, sunbeam, you bring sunshine into my life.

Standard Rose batter method.



It seemed that there would not  be enough of the batter but it was just enough.

So, I blame the cake flour which is very soft...

...it sort of fell apart a bit. The AP flour would probably have had a better shape. However, I loved the soft texture this cake had.

Oy. With a cake pan like this there really was not a way to unhinge the stuck parts before you take the cake out.


I was able to salvage it a bit though since the pieces were intact. :)

This ganache is really rich and delicious. Birthday party worthy.

Unfortunately, the white chocolate did not completely melt so it got these spots.


10 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, so it's the softness of the cake flour. Sweet daughter you have there. Cake looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a pretty clever piece of rebuilding, and with the ganache you'd never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..sorry to hear your cake got stuck to the pan. But nevertheless this is a very delicious cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mendy, non-stick is never as non-stick as it claims. I don't even buy it anymore if I have a choice. I prepare the pan no matter what the manufacturer claims. Sunbeams and sunshine! ding ding ding. IMO, this cake is delicious whether it sliced well or not. I always enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your reconstruction is surgery-worthy but tell us--did you use baker's joy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use a baking spray with flower. It was not "bakers joy" brand though, if that makes a difference.

      Delete
  6. from my experience, the only one that works is baker's joy. the best alternative is vegetable shortening and flour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cake stuck too. I used Pam and flour since my supermarket hasn't carried Baker's Joy in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sold on Baker's Joy too. I order it from Amazon, about six cans at a time, because my grocery stores don't carry it either.
    But I'm very impressed with how you put it together! And don't forget about Vicki's trifle solution to any cake problem.

    ReplyDelete