Monday, July 13, 2015

Greenstein's Bakery - Baking Bible - Molasses Crumb Cakes

ב''ה

I made a double batch. The first I made into mini-bundts and the second into mini cake-lets.

These delicious and tangy molasses cakes came out better for me in the bigger version (mini bundt cakes).

The cake-lets I made got burnt. Not sure what I did wrong. When the buzzer rang, the middles were not done, even though the sides were already burning. Perhaps I put them on the wrong rack of the oven (bottom) or perhaps it is because I did not use baking spray with flour. *shrugs* Don't know.

The batter was pretty liqued-y

The next time I won't use the crumb topping as the kids did not like it.

Here you can see a size comparison to the mini bundts.

The mini bundts had a soft lovely crumb. It makes me think that this the mini cake-lets may loose out on the soft middle here somewhat since they are so small.




8 comments:

  1. Oh, the mini bundts sound so appealing… I'll have to make larger ones next time. I baked some without the crumb topping… definitely an easier "sell" to kids without it. :) ---- Jeniffer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours look really tasty Mendy. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to use the mini bundts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bundts were a good idea. Shame about the burning on the others. Mine all took a long time to bake but luckily didn't burn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i almost bought the mini bundt pan! they look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder why they burned? they look so pretty sitting in the pan. Hmm. Well, the mini bundt cakes look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mendy, great idea on the little bundt cakes!! I love these, but I guess I say that about pretty much everything we're baking....

    ReplyDelete