Sunday, October 7, 2012

Heavenly Cake - Orange Glow Chiffon Cake

ב''ה

 This, of course is a wonderful cake, as are all the components of the 'Bostini' recipe.

I avoided this cake a long time because of the whole 'flower nail' thing. I finally decided to just give it a go with a regular nail. Also, I wanted to make another heavenly cake for the upcoming Simchat Torah holiday.


I thought this might work. When it went into the oven with the batter poured around it, it was standing up, but when I took it out of the oven it had sunk to the bottom. Oh, well. Seemed to come out O.K.

Batter ingredients.

Batter ready. Love the orange zest.

Egg whites. I could not find the cream of tartar (I always say that with a heavy pirate voice 'AR' and a squinted eye), so I had to wing it.

Batter ready. Looks O.K.

The 'Ez Man' was with me for moral support.

I personally could not see the point in putting this cake upside down. It seemed to sink slightly anyway and I could have taken off the spring-form right away as it was not firmly attached. 



1 comment:

  1. judging from the top photo it doesn't look like your cake turned out dense from not cooling upside down...so good to know! funny about the regular nail falling over.

    ReplyDelete