Sunday, November 14, 2010

Heavenly Cake - Free Choice Cake - Golden Lemon Almond

ב''ה

After all the praise this simple cake has garnered I knew it would have to land on our free-choice plate at some point before all things come to an end.

Dry ingredients.


Batter less the eggs. I find that the beaters tend to overly attract lemon zest whenever it is called for. Make sure to scrape all of it off the beaters, it hides there under a blanket of the batter!

Ready to go.

I added some amaretto to the sugar syrup for some extra almond flavor. 


It was golden and it was glorious!


 It totally lives up to all the hype.

8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I am going to have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, can't wait to bake this one. looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted my cakes, saw that you just did as well and I had to come visit quickly. Because it's the golden lemon almond cake! I really liked this cake when I made it too. Yours looks super brown and gorgeous in that pan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... I love amaretto. I don't think I've made this cake yet... will have to remedy that soon.

    To eliminate the lemon zest problem, I like to grind it with sugar in the food processor. No more zest chunks, but you still get all the flavor.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very moist and delicious! I will have to try this one at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amaretto! Brilliant! Making a note for when I choose this for free choice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ב''ה

    Thanks everyone!

    ButterYum: Thanks for the zest tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mendy, your cake looks so moist and delicious. I really like the idea of adding extra amaretto! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete