Monday, December 12, 2016

Greenstein's Bakery - Baking Bible - Kouign Amann x 2

ב׳׳ה

A last Hurrah for the Baking Bible and here I am. Wish I could have baked along for more of it. Maybe next bake-through I'll try again.

Y'all know what's going on here so I'll dispense with most the commentary and just say these were delicious. Better than I remember.

Somehow found real french butter I can use. :)


Ol' Toasty.






I dispensed completely with the waiting and fridge-ing and just did three turns straight. No problems there.

I remembered from last time that I wished I had sugared the other turns. This time I did it and am very glad I did.












 The Ez man and leads the gang in saying Cheers! L'chaim! To life!


2 comments:

  1. Your family is growing up so beautful! I have a fond spot for ol' toasty. Good to know the shortcuts worked out, as well as adding sugar to every turn. Cheers, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mendy! It doesn't seem possible your beautiful children have grown this much. I don't think I've ever seen French butter before. Good to know about the shortcut and sugar tips. Ol'toasty came through with the perfect caramelizing color. All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete