Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Greenstein's Bakery - Baking Bible - Blueberry Rhubarb Pie!

ב''ה


This is, admittedly, a bit of a boring post so click on this link for some mood-music.

This pie was pretty good but I may have preferred straight blueberry. The one thing I did discover thought was how much I like Hodgson Mill Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour.

Flour mixture.

I decided to simply roll the butter without any covering. Seemed to work O.K.

After tossing the vinegar etc.

Kneaded by hand, no cover.

"Omi girl" was with me for moral support.

Rolled.

Put the crust in the freezer and then simply flopped it over the pie plate and pulled off the paper.

Still working on pinching.

For the filling.

Just a picture of Rhubarb and Blueberries.



Toaster shot.

One small spot left open from the tin-foil burnt.

Really fantastic pie-crust. Filling was good too.


6 comments:

  1. Just look at Omi Girl's bright smile rolling out pie dough! This is good to know about whole wheat organic pastry flour and your method of mixing it together. Your pie really turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omi girl is so adorable and so pretty! And pie looks wonderful!! I had mine with vanilla raspberry ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mendy you post is not boring. How could it be with such a beautiful smiley face right in the middle of your tutorial. AND, the classical guitar solo--Bach. I had no idea you are a lover. It sounds beautiful to my tired ears this morning. What I like most about your style is the simplicity with which you approach seemingly very complicated stuff. Big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree with kimberie that the post was't boring at all and your kid is so cute and I absolutely enjoyed this music and forward it ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your crust, Mendy. I have to tell you, I can decorate pie crusts a lot of different ways, but I've never mastered the pinch design. Omi girl's adorable smile is infectious!

    If you get a chance, I'd love for you to visit my BluRhu post.

    Patricia @ ButterYum
    http://www.butteryum.org/roses-alpha-bakers/2015/5/7/mini-blurhu-pies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe one day I'll try the pastry by hand. It looks lovely and flaky. And Omi girl looks as cute as usual.

    ReplyDelete